This is a great cocktail - and you can pretty easily convince yourself that it’s *healthy* due to the carrot juice. We replaced the cumin with a few shakes of Tabasco for a spicy little kick.
Tequila and lime, with fresh carrot juice, adds a nice completxity and the the cumin ties in a Mexican theme. Essentially it’s a carrot margarita. Refreshing and delicious.
- 2 oz. Tequila reposado
- 3/4 oz. Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 oz. fresh-pressed carrot juice (or high-quality, fresh store bought if necessary)
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime
- 1/2 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. super fine sugar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Cracked ice
- Tools: shaker, strainer
- Glass: double rocks
- Garnish: salt rim and a small pinch of ground cumin
Shake ingredients with cracked ice and strain into a salt rimmed double rocks glass over fresh ice. Sprinkle a small pinch of ground cumin over the protruding ice in the glass.